Apr 27, 2012

Kat Von D's Saint Palette - True Romance

Kat Von D's True Romance Palette is the cheapy alternative to The Nake Palette. You most of those beloved neutral colors -- for less! <3






I picked up this beauty from Sephora for 38 dollars including tax. I'm not a huge eye shadow chick. Really, it was just an impulse buy, it's been untouched for about a good month and a half. Like, literally, I had just pulled it out the Sephora bag to take these pictures. I swatched a couple colors and decided that I had to have it. :)







The colors are so gorg. tho! It dosen't include crazy yellows and blues so obvs. it's intended for everyday looks.

Within this palette you have the colors

  • Heavens - A Shimmery White
  • Enjoy the Silence - A shimmery Beige
  • <3 - A Matte Light Pink with some sparkle
  • Downtown - A shimmery Copper
  • Sunny - Another Shimmery Copper
  • Pray For Me - An ashy, shimmery Brown
  • Book Worm - A Matte Brown
  • Caravaggio - A darker Matte Brown

The Mattes in this palette are bold as hell! With the exception of Pray for me, all of the colors are opaque and pigmented. Application and have a velvety feel; not all dry and chalky compared to cheaper eye shadows. Therefore, they're a breeze to blend, and the colors stay true.

Pray for me is disappointing. As much as I layer it on the color, it still just looks bland.



The palette also came with a primer! I was excited until I rubbed it into my skin and realized it was a nude color, and made my brown skin look ashy. Black girls like myself can't possibly wear that! -_-; Like seriously, wtf. It was thick and dried before I even finished rubbing it all in. Get it together Kat Von D's make-up team.



Instead of a rinky dink sponge brush, eyeliner was include. It glides on almost like a gel. Though I wish it had been liquid instead of a pencil, it shows nicely. Liquid just gives you way more precision.


Overall:
The colors are pretty, bold, and vibrant.
But 'Pray for me Sucks'.
Blends well.
Feels like suede.
Comes with eyeliner
Decked out with a huge mirror.


Here's my poo poo EOTD.
Don't laugh.

<3 and Bookworm were used.

1 comments:

  1. I so love your blogs. I will definely look forward toward your next one

    ReplyDelete