Jul 29, 2012

The Chocolate Bar

Sometimes, I simply forget how awesome Houston is! Now that I'm going off to college, I am really starting to appreciate my home town and every exotic discovery I make. Let me introduce you to: The Chocolate Bar! It is EXACTLY what it sounds like.



Excuse the shit pictures. It was 9pm at night and it was packed! Now, this place really confused me. On the outside, it looks like a club. With the martini glasses, and with the word 'Bar' in it's name, you would think that it is 21+... But  then, as you step inside, you are taken back by the whimsical colors, the borderline Disney music, and children zooming past you as they run off all of that sugar they just ate.


I gotta say, this place REALLY amused me. I fucking LIVE for chocolate, so I could not stop snapping pictures. I did my research and found out that this place was featured on Food Network's 'Kid in a Candy Store'. For good reason of course! It all chocolate all the time, and their slogan is: Every hour is happy hour. Just think of a chocolate wonderland, think of a place where as soon as you step into the door, you get a toothache from the sugar over load in front of your eyes. Yep. You've just stepping into The Chocolate Bar my friend.




All of their chocolate are gorgeous. How could you eat something that looks like a piece of art?! But goodness gracious, I almost died at all of the price tags! I think it is safe to say that nothing is under a dollar. Not even the small, individual pieces. Even Godiva has something that you can buy for a dollar!!! As outrageous as it is, you get what you pay for. The chocolate here is exquisite! It's not to sweet, extremely creamy, orgasmic, sinfully good, heavenly oh my god.


I-NO-LIE when I say that The Chocolate Bar has chocolate covered everything! Let me just make a small list of a fraction of the choco covered sweeties I saw: Chocolate covered cheerios, blueberries, mangos, apricots, cashews, rice krispie treats, bananas, strawberries (duh), cherries, walnuts, popcorn, cookies, coffee beans, pretzels etc. 


ERMAGAE! They had a chocolate pizza too (I'm beating myself up for not taking a picture of it). Chocolate is not the only thing found there. They have a wide range of ice creams, cakes, cheesecakes, and they even have plain-jane regular candy like skittles. But who goes to such a place to buy skittles?! Yeah. You're right. Nobody.



If you're a broke, cheap person like I am, I've got good news for you...ALL CHOCOLATE COVERED FRESH FRUIT IS 50% OFF AFTER 8PM!


Those pretzels look good. -sighs- Next time..


For only $18.95 you can buy your honey a chocolate rose bouquet. It's sure to be a panty dropper. Lol.



Can somebody just buy me one of everything please?!



Solid Chocolate Gift sets. Could satisfy you for..hmm...half a year!


I though these little choco doggies were so adorable!

 

Solid chocolate piano keyboard and money symbol for that music lover and chocolate gold digger in your life. ;)


Animal sugar cookies!



And if you simply can't find what you're looking for, they have a creation station where you can customize your own chocolate. I was not sure what was going on back there, but I imagine you can have a mold created and selecetd what fruits/nuts/confections you want in your chocolate or cake.


I did not just take pictures! I actually did purchase a few items. I had white chocolate covered blueberries and these strawberries. Mmmm-mmm-mmm! Those strawberries were scrumptious! I was never a fan of them. I had them at Godiva once, though they were unusually large they were also bitter. Blech. I also wasn't a fan of the ones I received in my Edible arrangements for V-day. But these were sweet in all the right places. Love.

All in all, I want to marry this bar. I can see it being perfect for a fun little date, and I def. want to be able to treat my guy or my best friends to this place one day. I'm sure they'll love me until the end of time. :) <3
Hmmm...I wondered how many times I've said chocolate in this post.

Have you ever been to a place like this or is it just me...?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment