Sep 11, 2011

BH Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Palette Review

I got this palette for only $9.50 BH Cosmetics was having a one day sale where they were selling 100 of these babies for 50% off. Of course, I couldn't pass up such an amazing deal! I bought this thing so fast I was the 2nd person to purchase it. This is my very first ever make-up review so bare with me! 

Here are some pictures~!






 Here's what it looks like on the top/front of the case. It's shiny and black, unlike the old matte one.



And here's what it looks like opened. It comes complete with a mirror, and 2 sponge applicators (which have now already broken and are in the trash ).



The pinks and purples are my favorites! They show up so vividly and compliment my brown skin tone~




The colors are a little bit smaller than a dime. A bit disappointing, but you get 88 different colors to make up for it. ALSO! This isn't a complete matte palette, there are a few shimmers sprinkled in the mix as well.

 (natural light)
Here's some random mini swatches. I have primer on my hand, jsyk. 

(flash)

On to the Review:

Vibrancy: 4/5 
The colors show up pretty damn well for a palette this cheap. Primer just makes it that much better. So far, I can say that all of the color look exactly as they do in the case. Now, they aren't as amazing as something you'd find in Sephora, BUT, for the price, it definitely gets the job done.

Blend-ability: 3.5/5 
Some colors blend better than others. They're not creamy, yet I can't say that they're quite chalky either. MY only problem with blending is that I have to layer the color on a couple times so that I don't loose it in the process. 

Endurance: 5/5 
No problems in this sector, unless I fall asleep or forget that I'm wearing it and rub my eyes. I come home looking fresh. 

Overall: 4/5 
This is by far, no means the best-must-have eye shadow set on the market. But for the price it is pretty damn decent. I'm loving the vast variety and I have fun creating new looks everyday. 

Now excuse me while I make my self pretty.
Except some amateur EOTDs in the near future.



1 comments:

  1. I already have the 88 Matte Palette and im not sure which one to get next!
    Thanks for doing a review on this one i am considering buying it :3

    ReplyDelete